KEMPEGOWDA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (KIMS) BANGALORE
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Bangalore (Admission Process) was established by the Vakkaligara Sangha in the year 1980. The Vokkaligara Sangha was founded in the year 1906 for promoting education predominantly among the aspirantsof agricultural community. The Sangha was running a “Vokkalligara Hostel” for 60 years to help the rural students coming for education to Bangalore. The motto of the Sanghais “Sathath Seva Thataparate” means “always devoted to the service”. It also proclaims the goal for every KIMSCollege is recognized by The Medical Council of India. It is affiliated to The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore. It is also recognized by General Medical Council, U K, World Health Organization, and The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London. The college expects and endeavors to channel its efforts towards grooming its graduates who usher the value based professional knowledge. The instituteaims at producingprofessionals imbibed with personal integrity, sense of responsibility, dependability and ability to relate to or show concern for other individuals. They should like to work as a leading partner in health care teams, gear up to meet to the health needs of victims of natural calamities in emergent situations. The Sangha has many institutions under its wings such as Arts Science Commerceand Law colleges including an evening College, apart from an Engineering college, Pharmaceutical Science college, Dental college, Nursing college Physiotherapy College and High schools too.
For Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Fee Structure
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Bangalore is housed in two buildings, one the old building on K R road and the new building in Banshankari. The massive new college building is the testimony of the strength of the Sangha. The new college building houses boys and ladies hostels. It has a vast open space in front of the main college building. The college has roped in a number of Hospitals from public and private domain for teaching purpose, like NIMHAS and its own hospital in V V Puram apart from a few Government run Hospitals like Jayadeva. Direct admission through Govt. of Karnataka conducted entrance examination CET for Government allotted as per category seat matrix, for management quota, as per the rank obtained in the entrance examination conducted by the managements of private colleges. NRI quota and management quota will also be there, enquiries for the availability of seats and fees structure can be made directly with the college authorities.
A pass in 10+2 qualifying examination from a recognized Board/University with a minimum 50% of marks in aggregate and Physics Chemistry and Biology as the compulsory subjects. The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Undergraduate Courses :
Post-graduation Courses: M D in the following specializations
7. Forensic Medicine
8. Community Medicine
12. Radio Diagnosis
15. Emergency Medicine
M S in the following specializations
1. General Surgery
Post Graduate Diploma
KIMS Bangalore, a private medical college in Karnataka, is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore. This private medical college is recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Courses Offered
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore is one of the most sought-after private medical colleges in Karnataka offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses for medical aspirants.
The under-graduate course offered at KIMS Bangalore is MBBS.
The post graduate courses offered at Kempegowda Medical College Bangalore are:
MD (Doctor of Medicine): Radio Diagnosis/Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Bio-Chemistry, Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, General Medicine, Microbiology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry, Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine.
MS (Master of Surgery): E.N.T, General Surgery, Orthopaedics.
MD / MS: Anatomy, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics & Gynecology.
PG Diploma: Anesthesia, Child Health, Clinical Pathology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Radio-Diagnosis, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics.
KIMS Bangalore Admission Process
The complete Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences admission process for undergraduate and postgraduate courses is mentioned below.
MBBS Admission Process
KIMS Bangalore Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission
- For admission to MBBS Course at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore, affiliated to RGUHS Bangalore, candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in the PCB group (40% in the case of SC / ST candidates).
- The candidate must have passed in English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before the year of MBBS admission.
KIMS Bangalore MBBS Entrance Exam
- Candidates seeking MBBS admission at KIMS Bangalore must qualify in NEET UG (National Eligibility Entrance Test).
- Qualified candidates shall be called for MBBS admission counselling, conducted by NTA, in the order of merit.
- Based on the availability of seats, candidates will be allotted MBBS seat at Kempegowda Medical College Bangalore.
KIMS Bangalore Eligibility Criteria for MD/MS/Diploma Admission
- For admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Course at KIMS Bangalore, affiliated to RGUHS Bangalore, candidate must have obtained MBBS degree from MCI recognized institution.
- Candidates seeking admission at one of the top 5 private medical colleges in Karnataka, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore, must have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination.
KIMS Bangalore PG Medical/Diploma Entrance Exam
- Candidates seeking MD/MS/PG Diploma admission KIMS Bangalore must qualify in PG medical entrance exam.
- Qualified candidates shall be called for MD/MS/PG Diploma admission counselling in the order of merit.
- Based on the availability of medical seats, candidates will be allotted a MD/MS/PG Diploma seat.