NEET 2023, administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA), is an offline test available to all eligible candidates. According to the latest NTA update on the NEET exam pattern, the duration of the test will be a uniform 200 minutes for all examinees. The offline NEET examination will consist of 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and candidates are required to attempt 180 of these MCQs. Each question carries a value of 4 marks, and the examination mode will involve the use of pen and paper. Additionally, candidates will receive a rough booklet for their rough work.
NEET UG 2023 Exam Pattern
One salient characteristic talked about within the examination sample of NEET 2023 is that the examination mode is offline (pen and paper) primarily based. So realizing mark the OMR sheet turns into a vital issue within the preparation as a mistake can’t be erased. The Exam pattern for NEET denotes a three-hour-long examination the place candidates should reply to 180 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each subject will consist of two sections. Section A will consist of 35 Questions, and Section B will have 15 Questions; out of these 15 Questions, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions. So, the total number of questions and time utilization will remain the same. The full detailed NEET examination pattern 2023 may be checked right here in this article.
Attention Aspirants, from this year onwards National Testing Agency (NTA), will probably be conducting the NEET examination, as beforehand it was carried out by CBSE. Throughout the article, we’ll talk about the NEET exam pattern. Get up-to-date data on the variety of questions, marks, marking schemes etc. Aspirants are suggested to learn the complete article fastidiously to get each bit of knowledge associated with this examination. One must learn the Eligibility criteria for the NEET 2023 to get detailed information about the entire choice process.
NEET Exam Pattern 2023
The NEET exam pattern for 2023 has been outlined by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and is applicable to all eligible candidates wishing to participate this year. The latest update in the exam pattern extends the duration of the exam to a uniform 200 minutes for all NEET 2023 candidates. In the examination, candidates are required to respond to 180 questions out of a total of 200. The detailed details about the Exam pattern for NEET are listed below:
|Date of Examination||07th MAY 2023 (Announced)|
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode (Pen, Paper)|
|The medium of Examination||English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Assamese, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu|
|Duration of Examination||3.20 Hours|
|Type of Examination||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Sections in Examination||Physics -(50 Ques.)|
Biology(Botany and Zoology)- (100 Ques.)
|Total no. of Questions and Marks in Examination||Total no. of Questions – 180. Total Marks – 720 (180*4)|
(The number of total questions in the NEET 2022 exam is 200 but aspirants have to attempt only 180 questions.)
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded whereas 1 Mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
NEET UG 2023 Important Link
|NEET UG Notification 2023||Click Here|
|NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2023||Click Here|
|NEET UG Exam Pattern 2023||Click Here|
|NEET UG Result 2023||Click Here|
|NEET UG Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
|NEET UG Admit Card 2023||Click Here|
|NEET UG Cut-Off 2023||Click Here|
|NEET UG Counselling 2023||Click Here|
|NEET UG Seat Matrix 2023||Click Here|
NEET Question Paper 2023
The Questions in NEET 2023 exam pattern will be divided into two different sections – Section A and Section B. There will be 35 questions in section A, and all these questions are compulsory. While 15 questions are included in section B, Candidates need to answer any 10 questions out of these.
NEET 2023 Exam question paper will have 180 multiple choice questions in total for 4 marks each.
carries 04 (Four)
NOTE: The questions will be divided into two sections for each subject – Section A and B. Section A contains 35 questions while Section B will have 15 questions. Out of these 15 questions, candidates can answer any 10, which makes it 180 questions
NEET Marking Scheme
- One correct answer fetches 4 marks and one incorrect answer will cost 1 mark.
- It is not mandatory to attempt all questions.
- There is no negative marking for skipping a question.
- Once you mark an answer, it is not possible to change it.
- Multiple answers will be considered as incorrect responses and will be negatively marked.
|No answer/ Multiple answers||0|
NEET Paper Analysis for Physics
- The most important topic which carries maximum weightage.
- Second importance you can give to Electrodynamics expecting almost 9-10 questions.
- Physics is the most difficult section in the NEET exam.
- Most of the questions involve calculations so do practice for quick solving and time-saving.
Important topics for Physics
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- KTG & Thermodynamics
NEET Paper Analysis for Chemistry
- Chemistry is viewed as a moderately difficult section of the paper.
- After years of analyses from our experts, application-based questions have increased in number.
- In NEET 2023 it seems that more questions were asked from the class XII syllabus.
- Organic Chemistry has gradually gained more prominence than Inorganic Chemistry, expect 16-17 questions from Organic Chemistry in the paper.
Important topics for Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding
- Coordination Compounds
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Organic Chemistry- I
NEET Paper Analysis for Biology
- Biology is comparatively easier than chemistry and physics.
- The paper includes 45 questions each from both Botany and Zoology.
- In NEET 2023 it seems that more questions were asked from the class XII syllabus, almost 46 out of 90.
- Major questions were asked from NCERT so students should study and focus more time on that instead of reference books.
Important topics for Biology
- Plant Anatomy
- DNA Replication
- PAGE Theory
- Endocrine System
- Excretory and Nervous System
- Digestive System
Guidelines for choosing the language
It has to be kept in mind by candidates that the choice of the regional language will depend upon the location of the NEET exam centre in 2023. The details of the availability and choice of regional languages in NEET exam are as follows
- The option of the medium of question paper has to be applied while filling in the NEET application form 2023.
- The option once applied by candidates cannot be changed later in any case.
- Candidates choosing for English would be provided NEET 2023 Test Booklet in English only.
- Students opting for Hindi would be provided with a Bilingual Test Booklet in English and Hindi.
- All candidates opting for regional languages would also be provided with a Bilingual Test Booklet in their selected regional language and English.
- In case of any doubtfulness in the translation of any of the questions, the English version of the NEET 2023 question paper shall be treated as final.
Regional Languages available for NEET 2023
Candidates qualifying for NEET (UG) – 2023 would be eligible for All India Quota and other quotas under the State Governments/Institutes, irrespective of the medium of the examination, subject to other eligibility criteria.
|S.No||Medium of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|1.||English||All Examination Centres|
|2.||English and Hindi||All Examination Centres in India|
|3.||English and Assamese||Examination Centres in Assam|
|4.||English and Bengali||Examination Centres in West Bengal, Tripura and Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|5.||English and Gujarati||Examination Centres in Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|6.||English and Kannada||Examination Centres in Karnataka|
|7.||English and Malayalam||Examination Centres in Kerala and Lakshadweep|
|8.||English and Marathi||Examination Centres in Maharashtra|
|9.||English and Odia||Examination Centres in Odisha|
|10.||English and Punjabi||Examination Centres in Punjab, Chandigarh and Delhi|
|11.||English and Tamil||Examination Centres in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|12.||English and Telugu||Examination Centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|13.||English and Urdu||All Examination Centres in India|
How to calculate the NEET 2023 score after the exam?
Applicants can utilize the formula provided below to calculate their anticipated score based on their attempts in the NEET 2023 examination following the release of the answer key. In accordance with the NEET 2023 marking scheme, candidates have the opportunity to estimate their score prior to the official result announcement, allowing them to make predictions regarding their prospective medical college.
Language-wise registrations in NEET 2022
|Language||Number of candidates|
|ENGLISH & HINDI||1734851|