Bihar NEET Seat Matrix 2023 is the number of seats available in various private and state Medical and Dental colleges of Bihar. The seat matrix of Bihar NEET Counselling 2023 will help you to choose the college of your dream. The counselling procedure will be based on one’s NEET Scorecard and managed by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
Bihar NEET 2023 Seat Matrix
Throughout this blog post, you will get to know about Bihar NEET Seat Matrix for MBBS/BDS courses for the academic year 2023.
Bihar NEET 2023 Brief Details
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||7th May 2023|
|NEET 2023 Result||13th June 2023|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date||20th July 2023|
|Bihar NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date||29th July 2023 (Started)|
|Bihar NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen-Paper)|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||180 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Languages available for the Examination||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.|
|Bihar NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|No. of Government MBBS Seat||1515|
|No. of Private MBBS Seat||1050|
|No. of Govt BDS Seat in Bihar||40|
|No. of Private BDS Seat in Bihar||240|
|NEET UG Notification||Click Here|
|NEET UG Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
Bihar NEET Seat Matrix for MBBS/BDS
Candidates applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated with the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tits and bit about the college. To know details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc.) about the participating colleges, click the link mentioned below. Let us now discuss the number of seats available in the different state and private Medical and Dental Colleges of Bihar.
Bihar Government Medical Colleges Seat Matrix
Here in this section, we provide information about Government Medical (MBBS) Seat Matrix, and you can check the total number of seats, AIQ seats & state quota seats. Let’s have a look.
Government Medical Colleges Seat Matrix
|Name of the institute||Seat intake|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur||120|
|Nalanda Medical College, Patna||150|
|Government Medical College, Bettiah||120|
|Vardhman Institute of Medical Sciences, Pawapuri, Nalanda||120|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sheikhpura, Patna||120|
|Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College, Gaya||120|
|Shri Krishna Medical College, Muzaffarpur||120|
|Patna Medical College and Hospital, Patna||200|
|Darbhanga Medical College, Laheriasarai||120|
|Jannayak Karpoori Thakur Medical College & Hospital, Madhepura||100|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna||100|
Bihar Government Dental Colleges Seat Matrix
Here in this section, we are providing information about Government Dental (BDS) Seat Matrix, you can check the total number of seats, AIQ seats & state quota seats, let’s have a look.
|Name of College||Seat intake|
|Patna Dental College & Hospital, Patna||40|
Bihar Private Medical Colleges Seat Matrix
Here in this section, we are providing information about Private Medical (MBBS) Seat Matrix, you can check the total number of seats, AIQ seats & state quota seats, let’s have a look.
Private Medical Colleges Seat Matrix
|Name of the institute||AIQ Seats||State Quota Seats||Seat intake|
|Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College, Kishanganj||15||85||100|
|Lord Buddha Koshi Medical College and Hospital, Saharsa||15||85||100|
|Narayan Medical College & Hospital, Sasaram||22||128||150|
|Katihar Medical College, Katihar||22||128||150|
|Netaji Subhas Medical College & Hospital, Amhara, Bihta, Patna||15||85||100|
|Madhubani Medical College, Madhubani||22||128||150|
Bihar Private Dental Colleges Seat Matrix
Here in this section, we are providing information about Private Dental (BDS) Seat Matrix, you can check the total number of seats, AIQ seats & state quota seats, let’s have a look.
|College Name||AIQ Seats||State Quota Seats||Seat intake|
|Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Kankarbagh, Patna||15||85||100|
|Dr B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna||06||34||40|
|Mithila Minority Dental College & Hospital, Darbhanga||07||44||51|
|Sarjug Dental College, Darbhanga||06||34||40|
Seat Allotment Process
The Bihar NEET Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. The seat allotment and mop-up round process will be done separately for each round. the Seat allotment will be completely based on the merit rank and choices entered by candidates.
The Bihar MBBS and BDS 2023 seat allotment result for Round I counselling will be announced tentatively in the first week of August. The Result of seat allotment would be published online on the official website of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
Bihar NEET Counselling 2023
The Bihar NEET Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. The seat allotment and mop-up round process will be done separately for each round. The Seat allotment will be based entirely on candidates’ merit rank and choices. The seat allotment result will be published online on the official website of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
Bihar NEET Counselling Process
- Before starting the counselling process, the registered candidates must fill in their preferences of colleges and courses.
- To fill in the choices/preferences, each applicant must log in using their UGMAC ID and password created at BCECEB.
- After successfully logging in, applicants must click on the button- ‘Submit the option’, and then candidates can access various choices at once.
- Only applicants incorporated in the Bihar Counselling 2023 merit list are allowed to appear for the offline seat allotment process.
- The document verification of the required documents will be done after the seat allotment. Therefore, every applicant must carry the list of relevant documents for verification purposes.
- Bihar state merit rank, preferences of colleges/courses, seats in a particular college, reservation criteria and other factors, the seats to medical and dental college will be allotted.
- Individual counselling will be conducted for applicants belonging to several categories. The counselling achieving authority will publish the seat allotment result for both rounds once the Bihar NEET counselling 2023 will be over.
- After Bihar NEET counselling, applicants allotted seats to report at the assigned colleges/institutions to verify and complete the admission process on or before the last date.
NEET Counselling Procedure
Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Bihar NEET 2023, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2023 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board to get themselves registered for NEET 2023 Bihar State Counselling.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG 2023 Admit Card.
- NEET UG 2023 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Bihar candidate only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc)
NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- The application seekers should have qualified for the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Bihar.
- The applying seekers must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology and English are the compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% marks, 40% marks are required for SC/ST category candidates, and 45% marks are for Physically Handicap candidates.
- Age Criteria: The candidate should have completed 17 years of age.
- The candidates born on or after 02-01-2004 are not eligible for admission into MBBS, BDS Courses.
- The Exam conducting authority will make the merit list of the selected candidates for admission after the NEET State counselling.
- Admission Seekers will be selected based on their rank obtained and choice filled during counselling.
- Admission Seekers will have to report to the allotted college for admission along with all required documents.
- If any student fails to report to the allotted college in any circumstances within the given time, the seat of this candidate will be forfeited.
Here we are providing the information about Bihar Useful Resources State Counselling Process, Particular state Seat Matrix, Fee structure, cutoff and more, and You can check the complete information below: