The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a nationwide medical entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. Bihar NEET Counselling 2023 is the state’s centralized online counselling process, which will be based on NEET Scorecard and overseen by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. Candidates can apply for MBBS and BDS courses in various Government/Private Medical colleges affiliated with the State Medical University of Bihar.
Throughout the article, you’ll get to find out about Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling process, Top Medical/Dental Colleges in Bihar and NEET Bihar 2022 Cut off.
Bihar NEET 2023 online applications on the prescribed form are invited from qualified, eligible & interested NEET -UG-2023 candidates for appearing in the Under Graduate Medical Admission Counselling (UGMAC)-2023 to select candidates for admission to the first year U.G. Medical Courses (MBBS/ BDS) in Government / Private Medical / Dental Colleges of Bihar state and Govt. Bihar Veterinary College in B.V.Sc. & A.H. courses based on the Merit-list / Rank-List of UGMAC-2023 prepared based on the merit list of NEET (U.G.)-2023 conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Bihar NEET 2023 Brief Details
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET Exam Date 2023||7th May 2023|
|NEET Result 2023||13th June 2023|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date||20th July 2023|
|Bihar NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date||29th July 2023 (Started)|
|Bihar NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Government MBBS Seat in Bihar||1515|
|No. of Private MBBS Seat in Bihar||1050|
|No. of Govt BDS Seat in Bihar||40|
|No. of Private BDS Seat in Bihar||240|
|NEET UG Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
MCC NEET UG 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Stray Vacancy Round Counselling Schedule 2023 (Announced)
MCC has released the NEET UG 2023 Counselling dates for the 1st Round, 2nd Round and Mop-up Round to admission in MBBS/BDS/B.Sc. Nursing Courses. Candidates have to follow these schedules to admission to dream medical/dental colleges in India
|Events||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Stray Vacancy Round|
|Registration/Payment||20th to 25th July 2023 (up to12:00 NOON)|
Payment: 25th July 2023 (8 P:M)
|9th to 14th Aug 2023 (upto 12:00 NOON)|
Payment: 14th Aug 2023 (8:00 P:M)
|31st Aug. to 4th Sept. 2023 (upto 12:00 NOON)|
Payment: 4th Sept 2023 (8:00 P:M)
|21st to 23rd Sept. 2023 (upto 12:00 NOON)|
Payment: 23rd Sept 2023 (8:00 P:M)
|Choice Filling & locking||26th July 2023 (3 P:M to 11:55 P:M)||15th Aug 2023 (3 P:M to 11:55 P:M)||5th Sept. 2023 (3 P:M to 11:55 P:M)||24th Sept 2023 (3 P:M to 11:55 P:M)|
|Processing of seat allotment||27th to 28th July 2023||16th to 17th Aug 2023||6th to 7th Sept. 2023||25th Sept 2023|
|Result||29th July 2023||18th Aug 2023||8th Sept 2023||26th Sept 2023|
|Uploading of documents by|
the candidates on MCC portal
|30th July 2023||19th Aug 2023||8th Sept. 2023||–|
|Reporting||31st July 2023 to 4th Aug 2023||20th to 28th Aug 2023||10th to 18th Sept 2023||27th to 30th Sept 2023|
|Verification of Joined candidates Data by institutes Sharing of data by MCC||5th to 6th Aug 2023||29th to 30th Aug 2023||19th to 20th Sept 2023||–|
Bihar NEET Counselling Schedule 2023 Important Dates (OUT)
Applicants can check the Bihar NEET Counselling dates related to the Bihar MBBS/BDS 2023 counselling procedure below. Time Schedule for Bihar NEET-UG 2023 Online Counselling for Govt/Private Medical/Dental Colleges/Institutions/ University (MBBS/BDS) Courses.
|Online Registration starting date||July 29, 2023|
|Online Registration closing date||04.08.2023 (10.00 P.M.)|
|Last date of payment through Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card / UPI with final submission of the online Application Form of Registered candidate||04.08.2023 (11.59 P.M.)|
|Online Editing of Application Form||05.08.2023|
|Publication of Rank Card / Merit List||07.08.2023|
|Proposed date for Choice the filling and Counselling Programme||09.08.2023|
Bihar NEET 2023 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board to get themselves registered for NEET 2023 Bihar State Counselling.
Bihar NEET Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Bihar NEET 2023, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2023 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Bihar must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2023. Counselling of NEET 2023 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
How to Apply
- Step I: Candidate must visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the “New Registration” Option.
- Step 3 (Personal Information): After the successful registration and activating account, candidates need to fill his/her personal information. Make sure all the information are correct while filling the application form.
- Step 4 (Upload Photo and Signature): After entering the personal information the candidate should upload his / her passport size photograph of high contrast (Photo must be snapped with placard containing candidate’s name and snapping date), and full signature in Hindi and English (Not in capital letter) after duly scanning the same. After uploading the photo and signature click on “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 5 (Educational Information): After uploading the scanned photo and signature the candidate should enter his / her educational information on the computer screen and click on “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 6 (Payment of Counselling Fee): After filling all the required details candidates need to proceed with payment of Counselling Fee. Counselling Fee will not be refunded.
There are following two modes for payment of Counselling Fee:
a. Payment by Bank Challan: If the candidate wants to Pay Counselling Fee through Bank Challan, he/she should select offline / NEFT Challan option from Payment mode appearing on the computer screen and download the Challan and get the print and
visiting any Bank up to scheduled last date, the Counselling Fee may be paid through NEFT mode.
b. Online Payment: If the candidate wants to pay Counselling Fee through Online mode e.g. Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking, he/she should select an online option from payment mode appearing on the computer screen and “Make the Payment”
should be made through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking. The candidate has to pay processing charge additional to Counselling Fee for payment through online mode.
- Counselling Fee: Counselling fee to be paid through the above modes is Rs. 1200/- (One Thousand Two Hundred) only for Unreserved/ BC / EBC candidates and Rs. 600/- (Six Hundred) only for SC / ST / DQ candidates.
- Original Admit Card of NEET(UG)-2023.
- Rank Card of UGMAC-2023.
- Print out of Choice Slip.
- Downloaded print of Provisional Allotment Order in 3 copies
- Passing Certificate / Marks Sheet / Admit Card of Matric / equivalent Examination.
- Passing Certificate / Marks Sheet / Admit Card of Intermediate Sc/equivalent Examination.
- Certificate for Residence of Bihar duly issued by Concerned C.O. countersigned by DM/ SDO (Civil) of permanent
- Caste Certificate duly issued by Concerned C.O. countersigned by DM / SDO (Civil).
- All the Certificates in Original as per the requirements of the prospectus of UGMAC-2023.
- The Certificates in original as per the requirements of the Prospectus of UGMAC-2023 (if applicable).
- Six copies of the passport size Photograph which was pasted on the Admit Card NEET(UG)-2023.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Downloaded print of Online filled Application Form (Part-A & Part-B) UGMAC-2023.
- Downloaded print of Verification Slip (tk¡p&iphZ) in 2 copies
Bihar NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates who wish to apply for Bihar NEET 2023 admission must read the following eligibility criteria set by the authority, which are mentioned below.
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- The candidate must have attained the age of 17 years on or before December 31, 2023.
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have qualified in NEET 2023 and obtained a valid score.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
|counseling fee||Rs.1200/- (OC/BC categories)|
|Reserved categories||Rs. 600/-(for SC/ST categories)|
- The Exam conducting authority will make the merit list of the selected candidates for the admission after the NEET State counselling.
- Admission Seekers will be selected based on their rank obtained and choice filled during counselling.
- Admission Seekers will have to report to the allotted college for the admission along with all required documents.
- If any student fails to report to the allotted college in any circumstances within the given time, the seat of this candidate will be forfeited.
Bihar MBBS/BDS Participating Colleges
Candidates applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated to the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tits and bit about the college. To know details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc) about the participating colleges, click the link mentioned below.
Government MBBS Colleges in Bihar
|Name of College||City||Seats|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur||Bhagalpur||100|
|Nalanda Medical College, Patna||Patna||100|
|Government Medical College, Bettiah||Champaran||100|
|Vardhman Institute of Medical Sciences, Pawapuri, Nalanda||Nalanda||120|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sheikhpura, Patna||Patna||100|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna||Patna||100|
|Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College, Gaya||Gaya||100|
|Shri Krishna Medical College, Muzaffarpur||Muzaffarpur||100|
|Patna Medical College and Hospital, Patna||Patna||150|
Private MBBS Colleges in Bihar
|Name of College||City||Seats|
|Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College, Kishanganj||Kishanganj||100|
|Lord Buddha Koshi Medical College and Hospital, Saharsa||Saharsa||100|
Government BDS Colleges in Bihar
|Patna Dental College & Hospital, Patna||Govt||40|
|Aryabhatta Knowledge University||Govt||60|
|Nalanda Open University Patna||Govt||NA|
Private BDS Colleges in Bihar
|Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Kankarbagh, Patna||Private||100|
|Dr B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Patna||Private||40|
|Mithila Minority Dental College & Hospital, Darbhanga||Private||60|
|Sarjug Dental College, Darbhanga||Private||40|
|Dr SM Naqui Imam Dental College and Hospital||Private||NA|
Seat Allotment Process
The Bihar NEET Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. The seat allotment and mop-up round process will be done separately for each round. the Seat allotment will be completely based on the merit rank and choices entered by candidates.
The Bihar MBBS and BDS 2023 seat allotment result for Round I counselling will be announced tentatively in the last week of July. The Result of seat allotment would be published online on the official website of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
NOTE: Applying seekers who have been allotted seats in Round I will also be able to opt for up-gradation in Second Round. And in case the candidate gets an upgraded seat in seconds Round, the seat allotted in first Round will stand cancelled.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2023 entrance examination to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET Cutoff 2023 (Out)
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120-108|
NEET Cutoff 2022
|Category||NEET Marks Range 2022||Cut Off Percentile|
|Unreserved/ Economically Weaker Section||715-117||50th|
|Other Backward Caste||116-93||40th|
|Unreserved/ Economically Weaker Section Person with Disability||116-105||45th|
|Person with Disability (OBC/ SC/ ST)||104-93||40th|
NEET Cutoff 2021
|Category||NEET 2021 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 – 138|
|OBC||40th Percentile||137 – 108|
|SC||40th Percentile||137 – 108|
|ST||40th Percentile||137 – 108|
|UR / EWS &|
|45th Percentile||137 – 122|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||137 – 108|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||136 – 108|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||135 – 108|
NEET Cutoff 2020
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||720-147|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||146-113|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||146-113|
Categories in Bihar UG MBBS Counselling
|Economically Weaker Sections||EWS|
|Non Resident of India||NRI|
|Overseas Citizen of India||OCI|
|Person of Indian Origin||PIO|
|Person with Specified Disabilities||PwD|