Maharashtra Common Entrance Test, popularly known as MHT-CET (MHT CET), is one of the most popular state-level Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by Maharashtra State Common Entrance Cell Mumbai. The Entrance Exam is Conducted every year in various cities across the state. Successful aspirants of Maharashtra CET are then eligible to apply for admission to First Year of Full-Time Degree Courses of Technical Education (Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and D.Pharm) in Maharashtra State. This blog post will help you to know about the latest MHT CET 2023 notification and every bit of Information related to MHT CET 2023.
Every year Lakhs of aspirants appears for Maharashtra CET Exam to get admission in various Undergraduate professional Courses offered by different Private and Govt Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra state. This year MH CET 2023 Examination is scheduled to happen from the 9th May to 13 May 2023 (PCM) and 15th to 20th May 2023 (PCB) (expected). Before we talk further about MHT CET 2023 notification, let us check the prime reason why you should opt for Maharashtra CET.
Here we have mentioned some useful link of MHT CET 2023, that will help you.
|MHT CET 2023 Notification||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2023 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2023 Syllabus||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2023 Admit Card||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2023 Cut-Off||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2023 Counseling||Click Here|
|MHT CET 2023 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
The exam pattern of MHT CET 2023 gives detailed information about the exam duration, the number of questions asked, the medium of question paper and more. By checking the Maharashtra CET 2023 exam pattern, the candidate will process the information and prepare well beforehand. The detailed information about the MHT CET 2023 exam pattern is listed below:
|Name of Examination||MHT CET 2023|
|Conducted by||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra|
|Exam Date||To be notified|
|Level of MHT CET Examination||State Level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Duration of Examination||B.tech-3 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||B.Tech-150 Question|
|Languages for the Examination||For physics and chemistry (English/Urdu/Marathi), Mathematics(English only).|
Why Choose MHT CET?
Before we go in deep, let us look over some of the salient features of MHT CET 2023, which will try to give you the answer to why you choose Maharashtra CET.
- MH CET scorecard is the mandatory requirement for admission in Top Ranked Engineering Institutions in Maharastra like Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli, Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune etc.
- A candidate who wishes to take admission in various state and privately funded Engineering other Professional Courses in Maharastra must clear MHT CET 2023.
- The fees structure for MH CET governed colleges is cheapest as compared to other states of India.
So if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about MHT CET 2023. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility and Exam Pattern of MHT CET.
Candidates applying for the Maharashtra CET Exam needs to check these important dates related to MH CET 2023. Check out these important Dates for MH CET.
|Events||Dates 2023 (Expected)|
|Registration starts||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date to apply and submit the application||March/ April 2023|
|Availability of Admit card||April/ May 2023|
|MH CET 2023 Exam||9th to 13th May 2023 (PCM)|
15th to 20th May 2023 (PCB)
|Announcement of Result||June 2023|
|Counselling starts||June/ July 2023|
The Maharashtra Common Exam Board has invited candidates to fill in he MH CET 2023 Application From 2nd week of February. Aspirants need to visit the official website of Maharashtra CET to fill up the Application Form. One can apply the application form online. Candidates are advised to keep their scanned images and photographs of the signature ready before applying for MH CET 2023.
How to Apply
To apply for MHT CET 2023, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Official Website of Maharashtra CET.
- Click on the link “Apply for MHT CET 2023”.
- Fill in the required details such as pre-exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go through the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through a debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI Bank.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
- Valid Contact Number and Email ID
- Qualification and other personal details
- Payment details
- Photograph scanned with name and date mentioned below (image should be in JPEG format with a size of 4 KB to 40 KB and the image should be coloured with a clear background with 3.5 x 4.5 cm dimension).
- Scanned signature made by a candidate on a white page within the 3.5 x 1.5 cm box size. The image should be in JPEG format with a size of 1 KB to 30 KB.
Here is the Maharashtra CET 2023 Fees detail.
|MHT CET 2021 Application Fee for Open Category||Rs. 800 + Payment Gateway Charges|
|MHT CET Application Fee 2021 for Reserved Category||Rs. 600 + Payment Gateway Charges|
Aspirants are advised to read the full detailed information on MHT CET Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of Maharashtra CET 2023 is given below:
The applicant applying for MHT CET 2023 has to be of Indian nationality.
A candidate applying for MH CET 2023 needs to be 17 years of age till December 31 of the year of admission.
A Candidate Should be a permanent resident of Maharashtra, or his/her parents should have resided in Maharashtra for the past 10 years. A Domicile Certificate is needed to be submitted while applying for MHT CET 2023.
***Candidate from outside may also apply but the first preference will be given to local Candidate.
A candidate applying for Various Engineering or other Professional Courses offered by MH CET 2023 Participating Institutes must fulfil the following Education Criteria.
- Applicants must be a class XII or equivalent examination passed or appearing in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with at least 50% aggregate marks from any recognised board/university.
- For all other categories (SC, ST and OBC), the education criteria are 45% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
All the students applying for Maharashtra CET 2023 examination are advised to go through the Exam Pattern for MH CET 2023. A Better Understanding of Exam Pattern and questions to be asked will help you to score great in MH CET Engineering Entrance Examination. Check the detailed MH CET 2023 Paper Pattern below:
|Paper||Subject||Approximate No. of MCQ based on||Marks as per Question||Total Marks||Duration in Minutes|
|XI Std||XII Std|
The syllabus of Maharashtra CET is based on a 10+2 Syllabus. Those who want to get admission to Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra may opt for PCM, and PCB is for those who choose Pharmacy/ Other Health Science courses.
The MHT CET Exam is consist of four papers Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Candidates are advised to choose the Paper wisely to score well in MH CET 2023 Examination. The question asked in MHT CET Previous year Question Papers was based on the syllabus prescribed for Maharashtra CET. According to some of the previous toppers of MHT CET, 6 months of dedicated studies and these Highly Recommended books for the MH CET Entrance Exam is what you need to score great in the MHT CET 2023 Examination.
The admit card will be released in the last week of April 2023. For downloading Admit Card, the Candidate should visit the website of MHT CET. as per the schedule. Admit Card is merely an enabling document for appearing at the MHT-CET 2023 and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements of eligibility conditions of admission.
- The result will be declared on the websites of MHT CET 2023 as per the schedule.
- Provisional Answer key of each version of question paper & OMR Answer sheet will be made available on website MCT CET 2023 as per MHT CET 2023 Information Brochure- Agricultural Courses 17 schedule. The OMR Sheet will be available to each candidate after entering Password and Registration ID.
- The Competent Authority shall invite application for admission and, after verification of documents and eligibility, publish the Merit Lists as per the Rules.
- The downloadable mark sheet will be made available on the website MCT CET 2023 as per schedule.
- While declaring the result, if a Candidate remains Absent in any one of the subjects in PCM or PCB, then the Total Marks for PCM or PCB will be declared as ‘ABS’ (Absent) as the case may be.
The MH CET cutoff 2023 is the minimum marks prescribed by the board for the selection of students. A merit list, including the rank of candidates, will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for MHT CET 2023 need to clear the Cut off to get selected finally. Each Participating Institutes of MH CET will publish its own Cutoff Score to select students into different offering Branches.
Students can solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get updated with the latest trend of MH CET. The previous year question paper will help you get updated with the latest syllabus of MHT CET, whereas Sample Papers will prepare you for the Actual Examination.
Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination by clearing the cutoff will be considered for admission. Successful candidates will be invited for a central counselling session based on the marks obtained in MH-CET(UG). Candidates can choose their preferred specialization/branch of study on a particular campus based on
- The cut-off score for the specified specialization/branch
- Fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
- Subject to the availability of seats now.
Maharashtra CET Examination score card is mandatory to take admission in Maharashtra’s premier engineering colleges. The MH-CET 2023 scorecard is acceptable by 50+ Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra. Here is the list of some of the TOP participating institute in MHT CET 2023.
|1||Government College of Engineering, Amravati|
|2||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati|
|3||Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon|
|4||Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology & Research, Amravati|
|5||P. R. Pote (Patil) Education & Welfare Trust’s Group of Institution(Integrated Campus), Amravati|
|6||P.R. Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati|
A total of 46 Exam centres is assigned where a candidate appearing for Maharashtra CET can give the entrance test. A Candidate is advised to choose the centre wisely without making any mistake as the chosen centre will not be changed in the later stage. The allotment of the examination centre for MHT CET 2023 is solely based on the choices made by the candidates at the time of applying. The Board has the authority to change the selected exam centres without any excuses.
In any irregularities, a candidate is advised to visit the Examination board to get further assistance.