NEET PG 2020 ENTRANCE EXAM
NEET PG 2020 EXAM – NBE has released NEET PG 2020 (MD, MS, PG Diploma) form, on nbe.edu.in. Last date to apply is November 01, 2020. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Post Graduate 2020 is due to be held on January 05, 2020, for admission of eligible MBBS degree holders in MD / MS and PG Diploma courses. Through NEET PG 50% all Indian quota seats, state quota seats, seats in private medical colleges, and seats in Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions are filled. It is to be noted that now DNB Post MBBS courses admission is also done on the basis of NEET PG exam. Check NEET PG 2020 notice, dates, registration process, and more details from this page.
What is NEET PG Exam?
National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-Post Graduate (NEET-PG) is a competitive entrance exam conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). NBE is an autonomous body established in 1975 under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India. It was established as a Society under Delhi Society registration act, to standardising postgraduate medical education and examination in India. NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section (10) of Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
It is a single window entrance examination for PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 w.e.f. 2020 admission session. NEET-PG 2020 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses for the academic session 2020 which will include the following: All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana) State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana) MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions. DNB Broad speciality courses (January 2020 Admission Session)
Note: Registration and submission of application form for appearing in the NEET-PG 2020 are to be undertaken online at the website https://nbe.edu.in/. Application forms cannot be submitted in the offline/printed copy by post. The following Medical institutions are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET-PG for 2020 session:
AIIMS, New Delhi
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check complete details of eligibility criteria of NEET PG 2020 in this section:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must posses MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate approved by MCI.
- Registration: He/she must possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS degree.
- Internship: Applying candidate must have completed 1 year of internship on or before 31st March 2020.
Eligibility for All India 50% Quota Seats:
- Students who qualified MBBS from the state of Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible to apply for all India 50% quota seats.
- Candidates who were nominated by government of India to do MBBS in Jammu and Kashmir will be eligible for all India 50% quota seats.
- These candidates have to submit a duly signed certificate of proof that they were appointed by government of India.
- The certificate of proof needs to be sent along with the online printed application form to the authority of NEET PG 2020.
- If candidates fail to submit this certificate and completed their MBBS course from Jammu and Kashmir will not be eligible for 50% quota seats.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Check details of exam pattern and marking scheme of NEET PG 2020 in the below given section:
- Exam Mode: The entrance exam will be held in online mode.
- Sections: There will be three sections in the paper – A, B and C.
- Total Question: There will be total 300 questions in the test. 50 MCQs in Section A;100 in Section B and 150 in Section C.
- Question Type: The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s).
- Exam Language: The paper will be available for the aspirants in English language only.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of total 1200 marks.
- Total Time: Total time given for the exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking: Candidates will get +4 marks for each right answer and -1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
The Distribution of Marks for various sections is given below:
|Social and preventive medicine||25|
|General Medicine including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
NEET PG Syllabus will be compromised of the various subjects studied by the candidates in the MBBS and BDS level. Candidates can check complete syllabus by online mode as per their applied course.
The subjects included in the syllabus will be according to Graduate Medical Education Regulations prescribed by MCI. The topics will be from – para clinical, pre clinical and clinical subjects.