JEE Main 2024 Counselling: JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a collaboration between the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB). The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2024 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions in more than 400 institutes for the academic year 2024-25.
This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST Shibpur, 26 IIITs and 29 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform.
JEE Main 2024 Counselling
The JOSAA has the authority of seat allotment for all qualified and eligible candidates. It provides a single platform to the participants of JEE Main and JEE Advanced who are applying for NITs (National Institute of Technology), IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and other GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes). Let us explore various parameters associated with JOSAA and JEE Main Counselling 2024.
JEE Mains 2024 Important Link
Here, we have talked about some helpful sources of JEE Mains 2024, that may assist you.
|JEE Notification 2024||Click Here|
|JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria 2024||Click Here|
|JEE Mains Exam Pattern 2024||Click Here|
|JEE Mains Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|JEE Mains Admit Card 2024||Click Here|
|JEE Mains Cutoff 2024||Click Here|
|JEE Mains Counseling 2024||Click Here|
|JEE Mains Seat Matrix 2024||Click Here|
The JEE Mains 2024 Entrance Exam might be conducted in Online mode (Computer- Based Test). The period of this entrance examination is 3 hours. The multiple-choice questions asked might be asked within the examination of the JEE Main 2024 exam.
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Accepting Colleges||1622 colleges|
JEE Mains Exam Dates for January and April 2024
Below, we have provided all the official JEE Mains 2024 Dates for various events taking place.
JEE Main 2024 Exam Date (Session 1 and 2)
|Events||JEE Main Dates 2024 (Session 1)||JEE Main Dates 2024 (Session 2)|
|Release of NTA JEE Main official notification||September 19, 2023||September 19, 2023|
|Availability of JEE Main 2024 brochure||January session – November 1, 2023||April session – February 2, 2024|
|JEE Main 2024 application form release date||January session – November 1, 2023||April session – February 2, 2024|
|Last date to submit the application form for JEE Mains 2024||January session – November 30, 2023||April session – March 2, 2024|
|JEE Main application form correction 2024||January session – To be notified||April session – To be notified|
|JEE Main admit card date||January session – Third week of January 2023||April session – To be notified|
|NTA JEE Mains 2024 exam date||January session – January 24 to February 1, 2023||April session – April 01 to 15, 2024|
|JEE Mains result date 2024||January session – February 12, 2024||April session – April 25, 2024|
Candidates are advised to read these important points on JEE Mains counselling process 2024 carefully before going for Central counselling.
A few things about JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority)
- The entire counselling process is ONLINE.
- Right from filling up forms to choosing and locking up your preferences, you need to proceed ONLINE.
- However, in the case of reporting, you need to present in person at the allocated institute for the purpose of verification.
- Allotment of the seat is done purely on the basis of merit. Higher the ranking. Greater the chances to secure admission in the desired counselling round.
- In order to participate in counselling, clearing JEE Main is a prerequisite.
- Once you reject the seat allotment, you shall not qualify to participate in further rounds of counselling.
JEE Mains entrance exam qualified candidates can participate and called for the counselling process. For IIT and ISM – Dhanbad, admission shall be granted to JEE-advanced qualifier with the following conditions:
- Minimum acceptable marks must have been secured in JEE Advanced 2024.
- An aggregate of 75% (70% for ST, SC or PwD) in qualifying exam or a position among top 20 percentile successful toppers is required to be obtained.
- The aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Language (in whichever candidate secured higher marks) shall be considered. And if any of these subjects has not been evaluated in the final year, then the marks of such subject shall be considered for the purpose of evaluation of aggregate marks to check the percentage and percentile.
- Failure in one or more subjects in the qualifying examination requires the candidate to appear and qualify in 2024.
- In case if only letter grades are awarded, then a letter is required to obtain from the board stating the aggregate marks. In the case of failure, the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2024 shall be authorised to decide.
- The marks for XII shall be considered as the qualifying examination.
- Step-1: Online Registration: To participate in JEE Mains 2024 counselling procedure aspirants will have to register to JoSAA in online mode by entering roll number and password.
- Step-2: Choice Filling & Locking: Fill and lock the choices in order of the preference of colleges and B.Tech programmes. Based on the choices filled seat allotment will be done.
- Step-3: Seat Allotment: the seat allotment process Based on the availability of seats, merit and preference entered, candidates, will be allotted seats. However, before the actual seat allotment, mock allotment will be done in two rounds. It will help the aspirants to know the seat allotment process and also enable them to know and choose better preferences for themselves in the final rounds.
- Step-4: Payment of Fee & Seat Acceptance: Once the seat is allotted, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options :
- Freeze– If an aspirant is satisfied with the seat allotted to them and do not wish to participate in further rounds, they will have to choose this option.
- Float– In case, candidates need to keep the seat allotted and also wish to upgrade their seat, they must follow this option.
- Slide– If an aspirant accepts the seat allotted and wish to upgrade the course in the same institute, they will have to stick to this option.
- Withdraw– If any aspirants have already accepted the seat, they can withdraw the seat by reporting at the institute allotted before the last round of seat allotment.
- Step-5: Seat Allocation Fee Payment: To confirm the seat, candidates will have to pay the fees through SBI Net Banking or e-Challan.
- The seat acceptance fee (SAF) for all the aspirants except SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PWD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD is Rs 45,000.
- Aspirants who belong to SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD categories will have to pay Rs. 20,000 as SAF.
- Step-6: Verification of Documents: After that, the aspirants will have to go through the document verification process at the help centres.
- Step-7: Reporting at the Allotted college/Institute: After the document verification is done, aspirants will have to report at the allotted institute/College and pay the balance fees in the institute, and then confirm the admission.
JEE Main Counselling 2024 Schedule
Interested candidates must complete the JoSAA 2024 registration process within the specified dates. Only registered aspirants will be eligible to enrol in the counselling of JEE Main 2024. JEE Main counselling 2024 through JoSAA includes steps such as registration, choice filling, locking of choices, seat allotment, and seat acceptance fee payment. JEE Main 2024 counselling will have a total of 7 rounds. JoSAA will also conduct two rounds of mock seat allotment of JEE Main before the actual rounds of JEE Main counselling 2024 to help students understand the process.
|Start of JEE Main counselling 2023 registration and choice filling||To be notified|
|Mock Seat Allocation-1||To be notified|
|Mock Seat Allocation-2||To be notified|
|End of JEE Main Counselling Registration and Choice Filling||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 1 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 2 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 3 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 4 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 5 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 6 seat allotment||To be notified|
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Character Certificate
- One copy of The Confirmation Page
- Admit Card – JEE Main 2024
- Class X & XII Certificate
- Rank Card – JEE Main 2024
- Migration Certificate
- When the seats are vacant from the usual rounds of counselling, Spot round of seat allotment is possible.
- For an already registered candidate, no fresh registration is required.
- If a candidate is registering afresh, he has to fill the choices, pay the fee, and lock allotment choices.
- Six round of seat allotments is expected under JoSAA counselling 2024.
Important highlights related to JEE Mains Counselling:
- There are 3 counselling processes in JEE Mains – JoSAA, CSAB NEUT and CSAB SFTI.
- JoSAA is the combined counselling for JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates.
- CSAB NEUT is conducted for supernumerary seats in the North East and Union Territories.
- CSAB SFTI is separate counselling procedure conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board for 17 SFTIs.
Top Participating institutions
Lat year more than 11 Lakh aspirants applied for JEE Main in which only top 2,20,000 (including all categories) will proceed to Jee Advanced 2024. Remaining candidates who scored great in JEE Main will have an option to opt for various NITs, IIITs and GFTIs set up by the Government to promote Technical Education in India. Here are some quick facts related to the number of Candidates applied for JEE Main 2024 and Top Institutes Participating in JEE Main 2024.
|Total institutes participating in Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)||92|
|Number of IITs and ISM in India||23|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT) that take admission on basis of JEE Main||31|
|Number of IIITs, IITM & IITDM that take admission on basis of JEE Main||20|
|Other Government Funded Technical Institutes||18|
|Total seats in JoSAA||34,895|
The JoSAA authority will declare the final list of participating institutions around June in 2024 on its official website